Am I doing ok?

Just wanted to get a sensing of my current status.

I started investing about 3 years ago. My longest held stock is about 1178 days.
I dabble only in SGX market

My current portfolio value is SGD 28,000
My total returns (incl P/L + Div) is about 4%
Both Current Yield and Cost Yield is about 6%

Is this a decent portfolio for someone who has been in the market for 3 years?
I don’t have any formal investment education so this is the result of me experimenting with a monthly portion of my salary and reading articles and analyst reports.

Hope to get some feedback
Thank you

I am not sure that anyone can really give you the “right” answer, as it depends on your personal financial goals.

But so far you have not made a loss and the 6% yield is nice, so clearly you have not made any crass errors.

If you are aiming for a steady dividend income then you seem to be on the right path.

I recon most will get good return for purchase before 2018…On the other hand…even the 3 big local banks are in the red if you just get in this yea despite their stellar results :stuck_out_tongue:

Imo 6% is pretty good return if you are holding on to a Bluechip…it already beaten bank’s FD and CPF special account

Thanks for the valuable opinion guys =)

I’m in my late 20s and investing using my own income so I’m at a point in time where I want to stocktake on whether I should continue doing this on my own or just engage a financial planner to do it.

I hope to retire at 60 but any earlier is definitely a good bonus.
It’ll be wonderful if work becomes optional when I hit 45 but I doubt I’ll get there hahahaha

I’m in my late 20s and investing using my own income so I’m at a point in time where I want to stocktake on whether I should continue doing this on my own or just engage a financial planner to do it.

My bias personal opinion/experience: No one would care more about your money than yourself. Also, financial planner are seldom real experts. They tend to just sell you products they have (or have affiliation to).

Although I strongly encourage buying sufficient insurance for you and your family especially medical/hospitalization related. (Something not so great happened to a family member recently and with a hospitalization insurance, we at least do not need to worry much about hospital bills).

thanks for the advice.
i do have the necessary coverage plans for myself before i started investing so that’s taken care of.
i agree with your opinion, which is why i started investing on my own instead.
i used to have an ILP which i cancelled once i started my own investment.