Dividend-in-specie (Tencent and JD)

Thanks for guide above.

Just as a suggestion, given that everyone who has Tencent shares in stockscafe would have same problem with this dividend-in-specie treatment, if there’s a standard way of managing this dividend in stockscafe, can it be made standard automatically rolled out to everyone in stockscafe?

Yes, there is an initiative/ticket to do it automatically for users with a simple accept button → https://stocks.cafe/friend/viewissue?issue_id=148

So, in the future, definitely we want to make such events handled easily for users.

Thank you very much - Looking forward to this feature!

Stocks cafe rocks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Evan, there’s a similar dividend distribution where CityDev is issuing shares of CDL H Trust (XD, XE earlier in May). Would a similar workaround do as well?

Hi there,

All these are manually done by me. You should have to give the exact details before I can do that.

Thanks,
Evan

Slide 6 of the AGM presentation covers it: https://links.sgx.com/FileOpen/CDL_AGM_2022_Presentation.ashx?App=Announcement&FileID=714479

Basically each CDL shareholder to receive 0.159 CDLHT share at the record date (5 May) in addition to their existing dividends.

Thanks a bunch!

In this case, does it mean that the ExDate is 5 May as well?

What I can do is create the following

1. Buy transaction of 0.159 J85 for every share of C09 at price 1.2 on 5 May
  1. I will also create a dividend override of $0.19 with ExDate = 5 May since CDL holders basically got $0.19 and “spent that” to buy J85

Strike out this instead. Please create a dividend override for your own account and I started receiving several enquires but people confused by this.

That sounds right. Thanks!

Go to this link and click accept → https://stocks.cafe/events/details?suggestion_id=7

It will basically create a Buy transaction of 0.159 J85 for every share of C09 at price 1.2 on 4 May 2022

1 Like

Thank you.

Thanks Evan!

1 Like

Hi Evan, me again. And yet another case of a stock giving dividend in-specie.

On Ex Date (28 Apr), CapitalandInvest (SGX:9CI) is distributing dividends as follows:

1. Dividend per share of SGD 0.12
  2. Dividend in specie of 0.057 CapitaLand Ascott Trust (CLAS) units for each CLI share

Any chance you’ll create an override for this too? :slight_smile:

Hi there!

Sorry for the late reply. Sure. I can create an override for it.

For this, it seems like it is already available => CapitaLandInvest Dividend Details (SGX:9CI) - StocksCafe

Did you mean SGX:HMN? → CapLand Ascott T Stock Summary (SGX:HMN) - StocksCafe

Best to use ticker name to be precise :slight_smile:

What I will likely do is create a BUY transaction of 0.057 SGX:HMN for each one share of SGX:9CI. The question is at what price? I personally do not recommend being 0. I would either recommend it to be close of ExDate or how much it actually cost SGX:9CI to give out SGX:HMN (as theorectically that amount can be used to pay dividends to holders).

Btw, can you also give me the officially announcement if you have?

Thanks,
Evan

Hi Evan,

Sure thing. Announcement is here on CLI investor relations page:

Agree that the price should be what SGN:HMN price is on ExDate (28 Apr).

Thanks! I will set up this event on 28 April then. Please remind me if you do not see it on 28 April :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Evan

1 Like

Hi Evan, I don’t see this event in the events page (or am I early?). Cheers!

Sorry for the delay. Here it is → StocksCafe

Thanks Evan!

Hi there, recently there’s a Dividend-in-specie for Tencent (1 Meituan for every 10 Tencent shares). However, under EVENT i didn’t find anything shown there, nor anything for Tencent under DIVIDEND tab. Kindly advise? Thank you.

Hi Kevin,

You are not talking about this right? → Dividend-in-specie (Tencent and JD) - #9 by evankoh

Can you give me more information about this Meituan Dividend-in-specie event?

Thanks,
Evan