Dividend-in-specie (Tencent and JD)

Go to this link and click accept → https://stocks.cafe/events/details?suggestion_id=7

It will basically create a Buy transaction of 0.159 J85 for every share of C09 at price 1.2 on 4 May 2022

1 Like

Thank you.

Thanks Evan!

1 Like

Hi Evan, me again. And yet another case of a stock giving dividend in-specie.

On Ex Date (28 Apr), CapitalandInvest (SGX:9CI) is distributing dividends as follows:

1. Dividend per share of SGD 0.12
  2. Dividend in specie of 0.057 CapitaLand Ascott Trust (CLAS) units for each CLI share

Any chance you’ll create an override for this too? :slight_smile:

Hi there!

Sorry for the late reply. Sure. I can create an override for it.

For this, it seems like it is already available => CapitaLandInvest Dividend Details (SGX:9CI) - StocksCafe

Did you mean SGX:HMN? → CapLand Ascott T Stock Summary (SGX:HMN) - StocksCafe

Best to use ticker name to be precise :slight_smile:

What I will likely do is create a BUY transaction of 0.057 SGX:HMN for each one share of SGX:9CI. The question is at what price? I personally do not recommend being 0. I would either recommend it to be close of ExDate or how much it actually cost SGX:9CI to give out SGX:HMN (as theorectically that amount can be used to pay dividends to holders).

Btw, can you also give me the officially announcement if you have?

Thanks,
Evan

Hi Evan,

Sure thing. Announcement is here on CLI investor relations page:

Agree that the price should be what SGN:HMN price is on ExDate (28 Apr).

Thanks! I will set up this event on 28 April then. Please remind me if you do not see it on 28 April :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Evan

1 Like

Hi Evan, I don’t see this event in the events page (or am I early?). Cheers!

Sorry for the delay. Here it is → StocksCafe

Thanks Evan!

Hi there, recently there’s a Dividend-in-specie for Tencent (1 Meituan for every 10 Tencent shares). However, under EVENT i didn’t find anything shown there, nor anything for Tencent under DIVIDEND tab. Kindly advise? Thank you.

Hi Kevin,

You are not talking about this right? → Dividend-in-specie (Tencent and JD) - #9 by evankoh

Can you give me more information about this Meituan Dividend-in-specie event?

Thanks,
Evan

This link:

I tried to read a bit but could not really tell how much they are going to give out as in the folllowing.

1. What is ExDate? 24 March 2023?

2. Every share of Tencent, how many Meituan shares will I get?

Hi Evan, below details as i know it:

Tencent announced that it would declare a special interim dividend of 958 million Meituan Class B ordinary shares held by Tencent to shareholders in kind based on the benchmark that one Meituan Class B ordinary share would be issued to every 10 shares held by qualified shareholders. The distribution registration date is January 4, 2023 (today), and the ex right will be carried out on January 5. The distributed Meituan shares will arrive on March 24, 2023.

Thanks.

Hi there,

Thanks. Actually, given this suggestion → StocksCafe

I am now working to enable users to propose Events. Give me a few days. Will update again.

Thanks,
Evan

ps: It is not scalable that everything need to go through me.

1 Like

Agree and Liked the idea here

1 Like

Done → Community Proposed Events – StocksCafe Blog

1 Like

I still don’t see this in the Events, suppose it’s not been created yet.

May I propose to create one? Thank you.

Yes, please create one. But before you do, can you create a new thread sharing what you will do? Thanks for contributing!