How to Add Options Transactions into portfolio?

I have transacted several Options (Put/Calls). How do I add them into portfolio?

I had tried adding via other assets, but couldn’t list it properly. Help please.

Hi,

Have you tried out this tutorial? => https://wiki.stocks.cafe/tutorials/basics/other-assets/add-asset/

If you already did, can you give more details? What do you mean by you cannot list it properly?

Thanks,
Evan

1 Like

Hello Evan,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I had gone through the tutorial.

For example:
I have Put Sell 1 lot of AMD at 46 & received premium of $47. Expiry Mar’20 series
I have Call Sel 1 lot of AMD at 45 & received premium of $45. Expiry Mar;27 series.

how do I had input these?

Regards,
Vinay V

Hi Vinay,

Hmm… I think the main thing here is that you want to record the profits/loss of your options. So, I think there are a few ways to do it and as long as the P&L is reflected accurately, it should be fine. Personally, I would do the following:

Assuming that you made a profit from the option:

1. I would create a “Put Short 1 lot of AMD” as an asset.
  2. I would then create a buy transaction to acquire one unit of this asset at price = 0.
  3. Finally, I would create a sell transaction to close this position at price = profit.

Assuming that you made a loss from the option:

1. I would create a “Put Short 1 lot of AMD” as an asset.
  2. I would then create a buy transaction to acquire one unit of this asset at price = loss.
  3. Finally, I would create a sell transaction to close this position at price = 0.

Cheers,
Evan

1 Like