News Tab

Hi Evan, haven’t been really actively monitoring my tradfi stocks portfolio but wanted to ramp up on my news tracking. I rmb before that we would receive news pertaining to our holdings almost daily, but can’t help but notice that the frequency of the news have reduced, and the source seems to be the same (ACN news or smth).

Any reason for this / announcement thread that I could refer to to understand this change? That was actually a great feature for me as I have quite a number of tickers so it’s like a consolidated news source for anything pertaining to the holdings.

Thanks and have a great weekend ahead!

Hi there,

It depends on the exchanges that your holdings are from. Think I “lost” a few news feeds because the RSS feed seems to be broken as many news sources are starting to put their news behind paywalls.

What are the regular news sources you use? I can check if they allow aggregating via RSS freely.

Cheers,
Evan

Ah I understand. So basically because most are behind paywalls - used to see sites linked such as Business Times, Bloomberg (?) etc which I was really shocked (in a good way) to be able to aggregate all the news from these subscription-based sources.

Most of my holdings are based in SGX and are predominantly REITs; would you happen to have any recommended subscription-based news sources to recommend to subscribe? Alternatively, would you possibly examine having a corporate subscription to said sources, and charge us Stockscafe users a fee to in a way, crowd fund those subscriptions?

Ya. I mean I can still aggregate (I think) but I will only be able to show titles and when users go there, they will have to pay to really view.

Hmm… I usually dun read news much especially lately :slight_smile:

Alternatively, would you possibly examine having a corporate subscription to said sources, and charge us Stockscafe users a fee to in a way, crowd fund those subscriptions?

Hmm… Typically such sources are US centric. Not easy to find one for Singapore. Market too small :frowning:

Haha alright. Totally understand.

If it’s not too much work actually yeah even just linking the title of the articles would be good because at least i can keep abreast of headlines and dive in further (into the individual corporate websites or whatever) to research.

But i would think that this is a low priority item. I’m sure you have other higher critical things to settle :slight_smile:

Thanks Evan!

1 Like

Ha… Please do create a ticket and list clearly the request and if many users are keen on it, it can be high priority too :slight_smile: