Background: This is a quick look at Other Assets and how to add any asset you have (e.g. stocks in exchanges not yet supported in StocksCafe, property, insurance) to StocksCafe to have a more complete view of all your assets.
There are 3 main tabs for Other Assets:
- Overview - View all the assets you added or add a new asset
- Payments - View or add payments you are due to receive (e.g. dividends, rental, etc)
- Transactions - View or add transactions for an asset you own (e.g. buying or selling shares of a stock)
Here is how to add a new asset:
- Start from this page and fill out the details of the asset
- Click on the Add button; you will automatically be brought to the “Transactions > Add” page
- Fill out the transaction details
- Click on the Add button; you will automatically be brought to the “Transactions > List” page
- [Optional] If the value of the asset has changed compared to when you bought it, you can update the current value by doing the following:
- Click on the asset name to go to the asset page
- Click on Add new value
- Fill out all the fields
- Click on the Add button
To learn how to add a liability, please see this thread.