Track Currency Arbitrage

Hi,

Is there any way out we can look for changes in the forex rate of USD to INR.
We need the same to be tracked in all the portfolios so to track how much an investor is gaining as he buys USD from INR, with the increase in value of USD

Hi,

If I understand you correctly, you are saying that you want to know how much did a stock/portfolio gain or loss in certain base currency.

You can go to this link → https://stocks.cafe/user/toupdateportfoliopreferences#portfolio_display_preferences
And check the “FX%” column to view them.

Cheers,
Evan

ps: Of course, when you enter trades, you need to enter your original FX

Hi Evan,

Thanks for understanding the concern,
But I am still getting a query with this issue.
Can we schedule a call, as I need to discuss some queries with you and after that I can activate the paid account

Thanks

Hi there,

Please use this thread to discuss. Unfortunately, we do not provide call support.

Btw, is it okay to make this thread public so that other with similar questions can also learn from it?

Thanks,
Evan

Hi Evan,

Let me try to make you understand my question with an example: Suppose an investor A from India invests in share X in the US market, at that point of time USD to INR fx rate is 73 Rs and after 2 years of the investment, when he has to sell-off his investment of share X, and withdraw in INR, he gets USD INR exchange rate of 76 Rs, which he has gained other than the earnings in his ivestment in X stock. We want to track that, with 73 Rs of initial investment, how much investor A is getting back in total (Rs 3 + gain in stock X)

Yes, let’s make this communication thread as public.

Thanks

Hi there,

Thanks!

Yes, StocksCafe is built to be able to handle that.

1. You would want to set your base currency here to be INR → Message - StocksCafe

2. When you enter the buy transaction, you can enter what is the FX rate and hence the total in INR that you actually paid for.

3. Then whenever conversion is done to your base currency, the FX P&L will be included → How Current P&L is Calculated - StocksCafe Academy

4. You can also choose to see the FX% you are getting by adding that column here → Message - StocksCafe

5. One way to see that it works it to try to enter ridiculous wrong FX in one of your buy or sell transactions and it would be obvious.

Cheers,
Evan

Hi Evan,

The procedure you shared by you is working good for the stocks, thanks for the help.
I still have one query, Is there any way, we can check the FX change in cash (which has been converted from INR to USD) and is un-invested and available as cash balance

Thanks

This is not implemented yet. Also, I did think about this but it is quite difficult to make it easy for users or even me :frowning:

Example: What if I change 10K USD in INR then spend 5K USD to buy stock A and then sell a stock B that is in USD (previously using some INR to convert and buy).

Yes, that can be too much of complicated to implement and bring to the flow.
But, we are positive for the efforts you are putting in and we believe you will come out with a solution for this sometime

Cheers!

1 Like