Why does Other Assets, under Overview, differs of List?

Hello!

I am Evan, founder of StocksCafe, and I wanted to personally welcome you to StocksCafe.

StocksCafe aims to help you better manage your portfolio and assist you in making better investment decisions.

Here are a few links to get you started:

• Tutorials: A list of tutorials which covers both basic and more advanced features in StocksCafe

• FAQ: Take a look at some of the frequently asked questions that others have

• Features list: This article lists all the features in StocksCafe

I would love to hear what you like, what you didn’t like, and what you would love to see in the future in StocksCafe.

Once again, thank you for joining StocksCafe and please feel free to reach out to me any time, for any reason, even if it’s just to say hello!

Cheers,
Evan Koh

p.s. Simply hit the reply button below to contact me :slight_smile:

Hi Evan,

Under other assets, under overview, i can only view 3 of my items but if you go into the list, there are 5 items. Also the cost value only reflects the 3 items in the overview but not the other items in the list.

Hi,

I think there is a confusion between listing the Assets and owning the Assets.

1. List of Assets → StocksCafe

2. Current positions of Assets → StocksCafe

3. Closed positions of Assets → https://stocks.cafe/personal/assets/closed

4. Transactions of various Assets → StocksCafe
    Note: Point 4 influences point 2 and point 3. This is similar to Stock Portfolio.

So, yes, it is totally possible to see only 3 items in Overview (i.e. these are what you currently holding based on transactions entered) but having 5 items in the list (i.e. these are all the assets you have defined)

Cheers,
Evan
ps: Is it okay if I make this post public? I think many others might also have similar question.

Hi Evan,

Thanks of the prompt reply.

In my list created, i have added/owned 5 items. I have since sold one item which i also created in the transactions and is reflected correctly. So it means i should have 4 items in the overview. My total other assets value is only taking into account of the 3 items under overview and not including the 4th item.

Edit** i played around and added under transactions and now i am able to see all items listed under Overview…

You may share this as public post.

Thank you.

1 Like