Bug in Cash Transaction Details

Currently, if a stock is purchased after XD, on pay date, it will reflect as (total holdings now x dividend) instead of (total holdings on XD x dividend).

Please check.

Hi there,

Sorry, I do not fully understand the issue. Can you give me an example?

What is reflected (total holdings now x dividend)?

Thanks,
Evan

If a stock is purchased after XD date, then on Pay Date, dividends received in StocksCafe is shown as total holdings (including purchase after XD date) multiply by dividend per share instead of the number of shares excluding the purchase after XD date multiply by dividend per share.

Oh… That should not be the case. Do you have a specific example? It will help me in identifying the issue and fixing it.

Happens for all my dividends. I cleared the cash received (cash balance) already, so cant see. To clarify, this issue is observed only in Cash Balance.

I see. Okay. Let me look into it tomorrow.

Hi there,

I took a look but could not replicate the issue on a test account.

Context: DBS have a ExDate = 11 Aug 2023 and PayDate = 24 Aug 2023 with dividend of SGD 0.48 per share.

1. Create a buy transaction of DBS on 10 Aug 2023 for 100 shares
  2. Create another buy transaction of DBS on 11 Aug 2023 for 100 shares
  3. Tried to look at the cash balance added on 24 Aug 2023 and it is saying 100 shares and total of SGD 48.

Maybe the next time you see the issue, you can alert me before deleting it?

Thanks,
Evan

hi evan, why is the HMN dividend details not in sync with the components? >>> CapitaLand Ascott Trust - Investor Relations: News

Same for Prosperity REIT.

My cash transaction says its dividend is 0.0927 per share but it should be 0.0745 per share (this is also shown under PROSPERITY REAL ESTATE INVESTM Dividend Details (HKEX:808) - StocksCafe)

Hi there,

I just checked SGX website (Corporate Actions - Singapore Exchange (SGX)) and it seems like the dividends amount on StocksCafe is correct for 10th August 2023, no?

Not sure I fully understand the situation. It is stated as 0.0745 on StocksCafe, no? → PROSPERITY REAL ESTATE INVESTM Dividend Details (HKEX:808) - StocksCafe

I am referring to how it appears under Cash Transactions, please refer to image. :slight_smile:

Oh… Okay. Let me investigate more closely.

Hi there,

Thank you for waiting. I looked into it. It is the old issue/bug where it sometimes cannot differentiate the shares and amount per share properly.

However, the final amount is correct. Just the shares is halved and amount per share is double.

Cheers,
Evan

ps: I have been thinking to try to fix it but there are always many other things shouting for my attention and since the final amount is correct. I am not super motivated to :frowning: