Export Transactions from "Other Assets" and Import into "Portfolio" (Crypto)

Hi Evan,

I left a message on your latest article on Crypto portfolio tracking, but thought I would add it here just in case.

As I have already been keeping track manually through ‘Other Assets’, is there a straightforward way of importing these transactions into the Portfolio section?

I was thinking if it was possible to first export the transactions from “Other Assets” into csv, rename the necessary Crypto into the ticker (e.g., “CC:ETH.USD”) and then import into Portfolio.

Separately, I also recorded a couple of crypto in SGD, so I was wondering if there is a way to convert it into USD / have crypto.SGD pairs like what others have suggested?

Thanks so much for making features awesome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there,

I left a message on your latest article on Crypto portfolio tracking, but thought I would add it here just in case.

Yes, here might be more visible :slight_smile:

As I have already been keeping track manually through ‘Other Assets’, is there a straightforward way of importing these transactions into the Portfolio section?

I realized that there isnt an export feature in Other Assets :frowning: My naive thinking would be to 1) Build an export feature for other assets. 2) Manipulate the csv in google sheets to fit the import format for Portfolio 3) Import it.

Although I would suggest that if you did not have a lot of transactions, you might be better off doing it manually instead of waiting for me. Too much work and too little me :frowning:

My upstream is limited to USD data so I do not know where to get the SGD pair. If you all know free API sources, I can try.

Also, can I just use BTC-USD and convert based on the FX rate for the day? Or does that not work?

Cheers,
Evan

Hi Evan!

Thanks for replying :slight_smile:

I have a lot of transactions though (over 200) so I guess I can be patient and hope that you might be able to save the day with an export function for Other Assets and let us do the work for manipulating the csv :sweat_smile:

As to the USD data I don’t really have a clear idea too, but I think your workaround for conversion based on FX rate sounds logical!

Thanks so much for giving us these improvements, it’s really cool to see StocksCafe grow!

Hi,

I have a lot of transactions though (over 200) so I guess I can be patient and hope that you might be able to save the day with an export function for Other Assets and let us do the work for manipulating the csv :sweat_smile:

Wow! 200+. Okay. I will try to create a simple exporter soon then.

As to the USD data I don’t really have a clear idea too, but I think your workaround for conversion based on FX rate sounds logical!

Actually, wonder if it would also work if you just assume you bought the USD based crypto instead? (So, I do not need to create one ticker for every currency pairs)

Thanks so much for giving us these improvements, it’s really cool to see StocksCafe grow!

:tada:

Cheers,
Evan

Okay. Create a simple exporter -> https://stocks.cafe/personal/assets/transactions

You would need to manipulate the output abit in Google Sheet or excel to match the import format here -> https://stocks.cafe/portfoliov2/transactions/tobulkupload

1 Like

Hi Evan,

Gave it a shot and confirms that it works! I have imported my transactions from Other Assets into Portfolio and the figures appear to be correct as well :smile:

Only 1 very minor comment - the “Remarks” that I originally included appears to be incomplete - for example, the original remark might read:

"$37.67 in interest

Interest earned to date if not paid in CEL: $1,357.41"

but after exporting, it shows up as

“$37.67 in interest

Interest earned to date if not paid in CEL: $1”

Looks like it captures the line breaks and not the full sentence but honestly it’s a small point. Thanks so much for your fast work!

Hmm… I think the issue is with the combination of comma and line break. Can you email me your exported file? With that, it might be easier for me to fix.