How to Key in Dividends from the Past

I’m trying to key in all my old transactions from 5 years ago. Some of the stocks had dividends issued and I want to try to key them in. But under Add Transaction, there’s only Buy and Sell. How do I key in dividends?

Hi,
Dividends are usually automatically computed from transactions.

However, you can certainly manually override/add them by using this link => https://stocks.cafe/personal/portfolio/xoverride?label_id=-1

Let me know if it is still not clear how to get around it.

Cheers,
Evan

Hi Evan, good day!

Just to add on a question that is revolved around the subject of dividends; understand that the dividends that will be collecting/collected is automatically populated based on the shares that is held on hand.

Let’s say if I have to add a brokerage fee for the dividends collected, how can I do so?

Thanks in advance!
maoshanwang

Hi MaoShanWang,

Check out this link => https://stocks.cafe/user/toupdateportfoliopreferences

Under “Dividends Tax Rate”, it might be what you are looking for :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Evan

Thank you Evan! Cheers!

Hi Evan, good day and I hope you have been well.

Just asking the qns here as it revolves around the same subject on dividend.

Understand that you previously provided me with guidance on how to add fees for dividend that I have collected.

May I then ask, if I were to manullay add fee for dividends that i have collected, the fees will be tabulated under the total average cost for the particular counter?

Which will then make the average pricing of that counter higher?

Reason for the question is because I’m using 2 different accounts, 1 with brokerage fee where $1.07/1% of the dividend is deducted from what is paid out and 1 without brokerage fee for dividends.

Note: Edit of dividend tax rate is applicable for all counters whereas I only have some counters that do not have dividend tax deducted.

Hi,

This depends on how you want to enter the fees. I assume you will be “adding” the fees by reducing the dividends via dividend override? => Override Dividend Collected
If so, then it will not affect the average cost for the ticker. It will affect the dividends collected.

Assuming above is true, then no. Average pricing will not change.

If the counters you buy between the two brokerage are and will always be different, then you can use individual counters’ tax rate override at the bottom of stock summary page => e.g. DBS Stock Summary (SGX:D05) - StocksCafe

There are two dividend tax rate settings possible in StocksCafe. One at the exchange level and one at stock level and stock level one will override the exchange level.

Cheers,
Evan

Thank you Evan, these are perfect for what I needed! Have a good weekend ahead! Stay safe!

This depends on how you want to enter the fees. I assume you will be “adding” the fees by reducing the dividends via dividend override? => https://stocks.cafe/personal/portfolio/xoverride?label_id=-1
If so, then it will not affect the average cost for the ticker. It will affect the dividends collected.

Hi Evan, I was trying to add the fee with the override function, however, I realised that the dividend comes up to the same figure whereby it is automatically tabulated based on the number of shares I hold and the dividend paid out. How can I add the fees of either $1.07 or 1% individually?

What do you mean by individually? Every share is costing you 1.07 or 1%?

Sorry I meant the dividend for individual counter. For example I hold 2000 shares of Delfi (SGX:P34), dividend paid on 15 May 2020 amounts to SGD 29.80 and I received SGD 28.73 due to fees (SGD 1.07).

So my query will be how can I manually add the fees for dividends (only) that I have collected so as not to have it tabulated under the total average cost for each counter?

You can use this page => https://stocks.cafe/stock/summary/P34/delfi+limited?exchange=XSES

At the bottom, there is a section called “Dividends Tax Rate”. Enter 1% and 1.07 respectively. They will not influence your total average cost at all.

Thanks Evan, understand that this will assist with the fees for the respective counter. However, if I own 2000 shares, of which 1000 is liable for fees and another 1000 is not, how can I tabulate the fees?

Hmm… In this case, then the only choice would be to use dividend override stated above.

Hmmm sorry Im not too sure how does the override work though.

I tried to add an override but the dividends comes up to the same value where the dividend is paid instead of deducting the fee of $1.07

Oh Evan, my apologies for the multiple reply. I think I figured out how to do it. Thanks man!!! Appreciate your patience on the replies, cheers!

1 Like

Maybe you can summarize it and share with other who might face the same issue in future? Would certainly help me and StocksCafe users :slight_smile: