Is there a way to track my fixed deposits?

As more and more banks are rolling out fixed deposits with attractive rates, I am wondering if there is a way to track my fixed deposits here.

You can now do it with “Other Assets” => Quick Guide to Other Assets - StocksCafe Academy

I am also thinking to create a new “Exchange” called FD where users can define stocks and “dividends” (i.e. interest rate) for them. But this is yet to implement.

6 Likes

Thanks for your prompt reply.
Can’t wait to see the new features.

Looking forward for this feature!

Btw, this is now known as Custom Assets where people can define anything :slight_smile:

Keen and look forward to this feature too!

It is already available now. You can use Custom Assets to do so → Custom Assets – StocksCafe Blog

1 Like

Hi Evan!

I have tried to use Custom Assets for deposit but I can’t figure out how to make it work…

1. I added transactions
  2. I added a dividend
  3. It don’t see it reflected anywhere

Any ideas on what I’m doing wrong?

P.S. Mobile UI is really hard to use on desktop and requires switching between interfaces… I hope the feature will be implemented on desktop too eventually.

Hi there,

I do not think you did anything wrong. It was just that it took a bit of time to process it.

Evan

Oh. Yes. I can see it now. Thanks!

1 Like

May I ask how do you determine the “dividend”/Yield? Say FD for 1month and the annual interest rate is 3%, what is the right way of entering into Customs Assets?

You do not have to decide on the Yield. You simply enter the total dividend that you would receive. Hope that helps.

Also, you can share more information and I can give what to input.

If you prefer, can PM me so that you can have those information private :slight_smile:

1 Like