ISBC acquired by CFG

Hi there,

May I know how should I update the recent acquisition on my counter?
I have 900 ISBC shares.

“Investors shareholders will receive 0.297 of a share of CFG common stock and $1.46 in cash for each share of Investors they own”

Reference: Citizens Financial Group, Inc. Announces Agreement to Acquire Investors Bancorp, Inc. | Business Wire.

Regards,
Keh

Hi Keh,

Thank you for reaching out.

I would suggest the following.

“Investors shareholders will receive 0.297 of a share of CFG common stock and $1.46 in cash for each share of Investors they own” => Treat this as a dividend payout. Is there a guidance of how much they value each shares of CFG? If not, I suggest to value CFG simply at the close where you are being awarded the shares.

1. Assume a share of CFG is “$1”. So, the dividend value is $0.297 + $1.46 = $1.757.

2. With 900 shares, you get $1.757 x 900. Create a dividend override for that https://stocks.cafe/portfolio/override

3. Finally, create a buy transaction of 0.297 x 900 = 267.3 of CFG at price per share of “$1”. Since it is likely you would receive 267 instead of 267.3 shares, you can treat the 0.3 shares as “fees” of the transactions to balance it.

Cheers,
Evan

hi Evan,

Thanks.
One question, the override seems to be factor in the 30% withholding tax. Can I disable the withholding tax for this specific transaction but not the past?

Thanks.
Keh

btw the CFG share price received upon is $38.01/share

Hi Keh,

Hmm… I think the best way in this case would be to increase the override by 30% so that after factoring in, it will be the value you wanted.

Cheers,
Evan