Merger of OUE-C and OUE-H

Anyone has any idea how they will be keying this in from either side of the aisle?

1 Like

I transacted

1. 02.09.2019 sold N units of OUE-HT at closing price of 31st August (0.73).

2. 02.09.2019 bought (1.3583 x N) units of OUE-CT at opening price (0.520).

Note it is necessary to deselect the “add to cash transactions” otherwise the StocksCafe cash balance will go out of synch with your bank balance.

An extraordinary final distribution has been manually created in StocksCafe for OUE-HT of S$0.04075.

And a final “cleaning up” distribution will be added once the amount and dates have been announced by OUE-HT.

Thanks bobtravs!

Hi

I suggest

SELL - N x OUE H Trust @ 0.7470 - Dt 9-SEP-19
Buy - N x OUE COMM TRUST @ 0.52 Dt 9- SEP-19

This will tally with your broker statement and the cash portion into a profit of OUE H Trust.

Thanks
Ramu

Hi,

Presumably your broker is holding the counters.

Mine are held at the CDP where the OUE-HT units were simply exchanged for OUE-CT units. Purchase prices on the CDP have to be manually calculated and entered.

My account at OCBC still shows OUE-HT @ 0.730. I will have to manually change that.

The extraordinary distribution was paid by OUE-HT to me.

Wonder where the selling price of 0.7470 came from?

1 Like

Can stocks cafe auto patch via backend script or not?

Unfortunately, there is no such feature at the moment. And such a feature will be hard to maintain since I do not have such stock split data from upstream. If say I specifically do something to handle for this stock and not others, it might create more confusion than it solves.

However, if there are enough interest, we can certainly start a thread either in this forum or the friend request section to find a long term solution to handling stock split issue (with the understanding that data/information must come from users).

hi! i followed bobtravs method but my sold number of shares of OUE HTrust (i just listed all the shares i owned in OUE HTrust) and the price (i listed 0.74) appears red on my transactions list. Does anybody get that?

Hi,

The red price indicates that no market transaction was made at that price,

You can safely ignore this warning.

1 Like

great, thanks bobtravs!

Hi Evan,

Please can you add a special distribution for the clean-up?

I tried but I cannot add a distribution retrospectively.

Clean-up Distribution of 0.48 Singapore cents.

Stapled Securityholders whose securities accounts with The Central Depository (Pte) Limited
are credited with Stapled Securities as at 5.00 p.m. on 3 September 2019 will be entitled to the
Clean-up Distribution that will be paid on or around 3 October 2019.

@bobtravs

Sure. But add to which ticker? OUE-H?

Is the following correct?
Ticker: SGX:SK7
Ex-Date: 3rd Sep 2019
Pay-Date: 3rd Oct 2019
Dividends per share: SGD 0.48

NO!

The dividend is Cents not Dollars…

SGD 0.0048

Otherwise yes it applies to SK7, OUE-H.

I’m using the prices used by them in the merger:
OUE-HT: 0.7253 (volume weighted average)
OUE-CT: 0.57 (issue price)
Not sure how it will implicate the portfolio figures though (suck at math and finance lol)

Thank you so much sir! You have been a great help, the cash offer and distribution here is indeed abit complicated to auto filled it.

1 Like

The final, I hope, change to all this was to modify the “sell” date of OUE-H to the 4th of September.

The counter will then accrue the “clean-up” distribution that was manually and retrospectively added in SC ex-dated 3rd September for payment on 3rd October. And therefore show up in the counter stats and portfolio cashflow.