Options P&L Mistakes

Hi Team,

There seems to be some issues with the options P&L page. As you can see from the screenshot attached, the “P&L in SGD” for the two highlighted transactions do not seem to be correct - there seems to be some error in the currency conversion.

Would appreciate any assistance or guidance, thanks!

Hi there,

I checked. It is likely because of the wrong FX entered for these transactions. Can you check this url for any red * on the right of Total column? → https://stocks.cafe/options/transactions

Cheers,
Evan

Hi Evan,

Sorry for the late reply - Yes, you are right. I have fixed it. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi Evan,

Apologies I noticed that there seems to be some FX issue on my Options P&L on the “Closed P&L” column. Appreciate if you can help look into this. Thanks!

Hi Evan,

Wondering if you managed to look into this - I tried looking into this myself and went through all my recent transaction. I did not key in any FX into any recent transactions so I am also confused as to the error. Please see screenshot which shows the error more clearly - Hope to hear back from you soon. Thanks!

Hi there,

I am so sorry. Somehow I missed this message. I will look into it today.

Thanks,
Evan

Hi there,

Sorry for the late reply. Finally got time to take a look into it.

Please look at this article → How Current P&L is Calculated - StocksCafe Academy

Basically, note that Overall P&L (Total in SGD) = Current P&L + Closed P&L

It is NOT Overall P&L (Total in SGD) = Overall P&L (USD) x Current FX

Hope that clarifies your question.

Cheers,
Evan

Hi Evan,

Please don’t apologise and thanks for the explanation above. However, after reading the article, I don’t think that the explanation would address the huge discrepancy in the numbers. Accounting for the FX at the time of transaction should not result in such a huge discrepancy. As you can see from the numbers below, I only trade US options and whilst my Closed P&L in USD is 156, my closed P&L in SGD is almost 3 times that at 520. If it’s of any help in your investigation, the Closed P&L number in SGD is correct as I have been monitoring this separately - The Closed P&L number in USD is the issue, which will then affect the Overall P&L. Would appreciate your thoughts on this - Thanks again Evan.

For this, we need to dig deeper into your transactions. In theory, it is totally possible but we need to compute to be very sure.

Since it seems like the issue is with Closed P&L.
Can you go to this page → StocksCafe
And sum up the “P&L in SGD” and see if they match the “Closed P&L” of 520.21?

Never mind. I see that you have a lot of closed transactions :slight_smile:
Let me run it programatically.

Done it programatically and it is the same.

I think instead of seeing as few hundred % difference. You should see it as few hundred difference out of the many transactions you made. So, it is totally possible for this to happen due to FX changes.