Portfolio Current Cost displayed incorrectly

Hi Evan,

Thanks for the great platform. I enjoy the Stock Cafe a lot.

Recently, I realized that my total Current Cost information is not converted to USD. It is perhaps displayed in SGD while other parameters are shown in USD.
Therefore, on my portfolio page, the P&L is not displayed correctly.

Can you advise how to fix this??

Thanks,
Ryo

Hi Ryo,

I am glad that you are enjoying StocksCafe :slight_smile:

If I understood you correctly, it is based on the settings on this page → Message - StocksCafe

Somehow the “Display values below in Base Currency whenever applicable” checkbox is unchecked which means the columns shown will be in the trading currency of stock. Anyway, I have checked it for you. All information should now be in USD (which is your chosen base currency).

Let me know if you have other questions.

Cheers,
Evan

Hi Evan,

Thanks for the message and change in my setting. However, I may not have been able to convey my questions well to you. I am struggling to find a way to correct the calculation of the Current Cost on the Overview page.

While the overview page shows my total sum of the Current Cost as USD 199,902,43, the correct figures should be around USD 146,203 (on my calculation). The calculated 199,902,43 is very close to the total amount in SGD (though the chart says USD).

On the other hand, since the Current Value is calculated in USD, the Current P&L doesn’t match the reality (it looks as if I have so much negative P&L now, sob…).

Thank you for the support and, again, I would like to appreciate such a useful platform to monitor my portfolio. I hope I made myself clear to you.

Happy Holidays,
Ryo

Hi Ryo,

This might be because of the way we compute the current cost. Do note that StocksCafe uses Weighted Average → How to Calculate Average Share Price - StocksCafe Academy

Another related topic is this if you have time → How Current P&L is Calculated - StocksCafe Academy

You can choose the currency you want on desktop with this url → Message - StocksCafe

Let me know if you have other questions.

Cheers,
Evan

Hi Evan,

Thanks for all the help. I finally found out it was an error in my cost calculation. I had mistakenly input the commission amount in FX conversion which was making the cost base of a transaction 10 times bigger than the real amount.

Again, I appreciate your kind help so I understand how the system works.

Best regards,
Ryo

Hi Ryo,

Sure. Always feel free to reach out whenever you have any questions.

Cheers,
Evan