Unable to add Latest Astrea 4.35%

Dear Evan, I am not able to add Transaction of Astrea8A1. 4.35 %390719. The system mentioned the code cannot be found. Please help advise. thanks.

Hi there,

Please check out this → Astrea8A1 4.35%390719 SGX:Z1AB - #3 by WEESTOCK

Thanks,
Evan

Hi Evan, I have used it, but when I tried to save, this is the error that I encountered: Cannot find symbol (SGX:Z1AB) in supported exchanges. Please contact Evan if you believe this should be a valid symbol

Thanks.

Hi there,

You should be able to do it now that the EOD is available → Astrea8A1 4.35%390719# Stock Summary (SGX:Z1AB) - StocksCafe

Cheers,
Evan

Hi Evan, could you check the computation of the time weighted return of portfolio. Not sure if this is specific to Astrea or ipo stocks in general, but my portfolio return went lower after keying in the Astrea bonds transactions - it should be a positive impact.

I suspect the first day return was zero or not factored into the portfolio return calculation.

Hi there,

I checked. On 22nd July, your portfolio returns went up.

But yes, the first day of return is not factored in because it does not have previous day of return to “compare against” to compute the change.

Hi Evan, to your second point, I was expecting a first day bump due to the move up from the ipo price of $1 recorded through the buy price. Wouldnt the P&L flow into the TWR calculation?

However, based on the records I saw, you sold the stock on the first day?

changing the purchase date to 19 July did not change the portfolio TWR.

Oh… that is because it is ignored since there are no data before 22 July.

You can try changing the SELL date to be later than 22 July.

Can you refer to the TWR under my “Bonds” portfolio? It is showing -0.45% TWR in 2024. I thought that the TWR is calculated using ‘Ending Market Value - Beginning Market Value +/- Buy/Sell/Dividend’, but the TWR is currently not making sense.

Hi there,

Yes, you are right. Can check this link

Yes, it seems inline with this → How to Use the Time-Weighted Rate of Return (TWR) Formula

Was keeping it simple previously. I simply used the shares at end of day x (current close - previous close) as the value change. And when previous close is unknown, I skipped it. This is fine in most cases but is not good when users buy on the listing day.

Let me go make the changes to ensure that it can account for listing day transactions.

Hi Evan, thanks for looking into it. Using shares at end of day x (current close - previous close) also means the TWR on days with transactions will not be very accurate.

True also. It would be using the different in close instead of your BUY cost or Sell price.

You may want to consider doing the daily TWR calculation using the change in aggregated total market value +/- the net settlement cash flow over the day.

1 Like