Update of stock position after a code change

Hi

I bought some shares (ticker code A), and the stock is upgraded to the main board with a new ticker code (code B). The stocks in my portfolio remained under code A and are not updated to the new price under code B.

Now, I want to update the sale of shares which are reflected under code B, and now shows as a negative sale (as I do not have shares held in code B).

How can I resolve the issue please?

Many thanks in advance!

Regards
J

Hi J,

This would be similar to this => How should I handle stock splits?

There are few solutions here.

1. [Suggested if ticker code A did not pay out dividends during the time you held it as ticker code A]
    a) Simply remove the previous buy transaction for ticker code A
    b) Enter a buy transaction for ticker code B at the price you bought at the date you bought. (Note: StocksCafe will highlight that code B did not trade then but it is fine to ignore this.)

2. [Suggested if ticker code A did pay out dividends during the time you held it as ticker code A]
    a) Keep the original buy transaction for ticker code A
    b) Enter a sell transaction for ticker code A when ticker code B come into play at the price where you bought ticker code A. (i.e. P&L = 0)
    c) Enter a buy transaction for ticker code B when it comes into play at the price where you bought ticker code A. (i.e. P&L from A will be credited to B). Note: StocksCafe might highlight that ticker code B did that trade at the price that day but it is fine to ignore.

Cheers,
Evan