XIRR of individual stocks

Hi, I like the XIRR and weighted average returns computations on the portfolio. However, there’s no such feature for individual stocks - only total returns (with or without dividends. Can we have a XIRR feature for individual stocks? Thanks

You mean in the stock page? or?

Anyway, please create a feature request here → https://stocks.cafe/friend/toaddissue

I think it is a good suggestion, it can be shown under
https://stocks.cafe/stock/username/D05/dbs?exchange=XSES

Currently, it show the closed(Summary) for the individual stock and dividend collected per year. Just need to addd a table to show XIRR for the individual stock.

Was thinking about this recently and saw someone already made a post.

Basically, can be implemented as to have the “Report” tab under Portfolio appear for individual stock too. Sometimes I just want to find out my XIRR for one particular holding.

I noticed that the feature is not requested. I had created it as I found it will be useful to have it for individual stocks.

View Issue Details (stocks.cafe)

1 Like

Hello,

I’ve been reading through multiple earlier posts and found this one a short time ago. Just curious if the individual stock XIRR feature was able to be added and if so how to access it.

IMHO, the individual stock XIRR feature is as important as the overall XIRR for the total portfolio, and perhaps more important. In my Excel stock monitoring package I track each stock individually including XIRR for each holding in a separate tab and have a summary page that reports the individual XIRR value (along with many other value summaries) for all stocks in a single tab. When one has lots of holdings, it allows one to quickly see which equities are lagging and allow one to look a bit deeper at individual holdings when appropriate.

Also, it’s important to realize that the value to the user of the XIRR metric over time from initial purchase for any individual stock is often shaped like a skewed inverted parabola. The value of XIRR over short periods (in the extreme, think of the value of it over a day, or a month) is almost meaningless- with value to the user of near zero, Over a period of 6 months to a year or 2 or so, XIRR is usually quite valuable. But what about the value of XIRR if you have owned the stock for 10 or 20 years? XIRR values on stocks you have owned for 10 or 20 years are often quite insensitive to how they have performed recently, which reduces the value of the long-term XIRR as a screening tool to point to where further investigation is in order. Think of it as like having access to only Morningstar’s 10 year performance metric - with no access to the 5, 3 and 1 year results. I try to calculate an XIRR for individual stocks for each year, as well as watching a YTD performance. That way, you can better answer “how is this stock performing for me lately”.

Hi there,

Yes, there is a ticket open for this → StocksCafe

Certainly, this is something that I want to work on. Just that we always have more requests than I have time hence need to queue. Recently, I have been working on switching out from one of the data provider. Once that is done, I should have some time for this.

Cheers,
Evan