Stock split for C31

Hi there,

The main reason I chose closing price is simply because C31 is “sold” away and we got back some cash + some 9CI and some C38U. So, I thought using the market value of when it happen is better.

But I can also see the rationale of using NAV. However, if you are going to use the NAV to “buy” 9CI, then you should also use the NAV to compute how much you “sold” C31 for.

Note: We are just transferring the P&L around from an accounting point of view since you will gain more from 9CI but gain less from C31.

Cheers,
Evan

Is the 0.951 cash taken care of in the automated script?

Yes, it basically just perform the following for you automatically.

Hello Evan, one thing I appreciate a lot about StocksCafe is this kind of dedicated support. And while I understand it’s quite rare to have these kinds of privatization of companies, where there is a cash consideration, and 2 kinds of new shares, I’m just glad there is a quick work around. However can I ask is it possible to implement some kind of prompt when one views their portfolio page to enable the privatization? As currently we have to come to this forum and raise up this specific issue. Hope you are feeling fine after your vaccination as well! (Apologies for the bad paragraph spacing, enter key not working)

Yes, that is definitely in the pipeline. Just wanted to release whatever I have for now for those who wanted to quickly fixed it for C31.

The plan is not to only do it for C31 but also any stock split going forward.

Glad to hear that, eagerly awaiting the updates!

Hi @evankoh,

Sorry a bit noob here, I have an odd numbers of shares in C31.

Can you help to advise me how to update with 2,130 of C31 shares?

Hi there,

Simply use this :slight_smile:https://stocks.cafe/events/details?suggestion_id=2

Just click accept and it should auto-populate the trades for you.

Cheers,
Evan

Great, thanks!

1 Like

Thanks, Evan, for automating it! Worked like a charm!

1 Like

Hey Evan. Is the automation still working? I don’t see any accept button after I click on this link: StocksCafe

I haven’t looked at my portfolio for a long time. Wish to update it.

Hi Viinen,

For the link to work, you need to have C31 stock before/on 2021 Sep 20. I checked and seems like you do not have any buy transactions for C31.

Cheers,
Evan

Oh sorry it was c61u. I was dreaming

Ha… In this case, I suggest that you look at this thread → Any feature to cater for upcoming potential CCT and CMT merger? - #26 by evankoh